Reaching out to you...if you want to be reached....

This is for you...because somewhere in the world I live in, I know you live too. Lost from everything, and yet hopefully found, I shall wait. God keep you, for God loves you...as do I...

Monday, September 13, 2010

unexpected...

Okay, many of you know if not all of you, that I don't watch very much TV at all...a show here and there, an episode of something here and there. The ones I really like are Pawn stars, deadliest warrior, and top shot. Even so, I don't even watch those regularly or anything, just an episode here and there.

A work associate of mine at the high school has been swearing up and down about a show on TV that he has just loved, and he just kept telling me how I needed to get into it, but I just couldn't do it!

Next I had a friend told me how much I needed to get into Nexflix. At first I told him how I thought it was pretty lame to do that, it is like paying to have my own blockbuster or hollywood video...why would I do that when I have my own DVD collection that could rival a blockbuster or a hollywood video. Don't ask me what changed...but I thought I would give it a shot. I registered for netflix.

Here is the problem now....

The TV show that my buddy told me I should watch was on netflix! I am a novice at the whole netflix thing and i didn't know that they had TV shows on there! But it was there, and now I am hooked on this new addiction called NETFLIX!!

The show in mention?



Heroes is quite the story and series about the people in an ordinary world, that discover they have extra-ordinary, or "special" abilities. How many times have we day dreamed about the ability to fly...or woke up during the night hoping to sling web from our finger tips, wield the power of rapid regeneration, or travel through time? They talk about how the world is not ready to accept the possibility of "special" abilities and the controversy that would take place if they did exist.

Why isn't the world ready to have these things? Did God really give the world this idea of such magnificence because it is impossible, or because it allows us a perspective of things that could be....? I believe there are things such as "special" abilities, and that as normal people, we are given gifts that are to be used to help those in our every day acquaintance.

I have always felt a strange presence of something more...be it supernatural, unexplainable, extra-ordinary, miraculous or "special"...whatever the world decides to call it, I believe these are things that have been made known to us, by the man we call God. What else would it be, and by who else would it have been sent. It is to teach us the potential of who and what we are.

Unexpected as it was, watching this show has given me a smile that I thought would only come by my crazy imagination.

I love that if we want to be....we can be....

...."Special"......

3 comments:

Jenna said...

/:)....
(figure that face out) ;-)
"The Bond", or Tsaheylu, perhaps?
Love, Me.

Anonymous said...

my apologies for teasing you the other day on this very subject. As I have pondered this thought the last few days, I have begun to realize "special" things I see in others and have come to the conclusion that I agree with you. Thank you, superhuman, for your words.

famousjay said...

You know, I always felt when I watched Heroes like the characters on the show were a lot like our group from band in high school. The way every character was intertwined with another character in ways you never would have expected and would be impossible to fabricate, and that continued on for years and years, with those intertwinings becoming more and more complex and elaborate as the years pass. Funny that, isn't it?