Reaching out to you...if you want to be reached....

This is for you...because somewhere in the world I live in, I know you live too. Lost from everything, and yet hopefully found, I shall wait. God keep you, for God loves you...as do I...

Friday, September 17, 2010

Destiny

It Is Said Some Lives Are Linked Across Time.....
They Are Connected By An Ancient Calling.....Destiny.

I believe in the link through time...and the connection as well.

My friend posted this about a movie she saw recently, and she thought it was good! I, like her was very skeptical about the movie at first, but as trailers and reviews and such started to be released my skepticism started to dissolve a little at a time.



I have been a very big fan of the Prince of Persia games ever since the first one was released on PC years and years ago. I have followed the stories, and chapters of the Prince, learning his life and experiences, and I have loved them. So naturally when this movie was proposed, I was indeed skeptical, because it had potential to just suck.

Then I learned that Jerry was producing it, along with the skill and talent that Disney had. It started to have potential to be good.

I watched it in the theater at midnight like I always do. I was not upset with it at all. Disney took their graphic tech to a whole new level, and as always, Jerry delivered as only Jerry can! And now I own the movie on blue ray...because its the only way to view a film now... =)


How would it be to release the fabled sands of time, to turn back critical moments in our history, and set right what should have been? Such an incredible concept! And equally as awesome, is the statement about family, and brothers:

"...the bond between brothers, that is the sword that defends our empire; I pray that that sword stays strong."

Many a time I have reflected on this quote since viewing the film, and wondered if I have cultivated the bond between my brothers and me, the bond that would defend our empire, or perhaps, our families. Have I done enough, that I could feel worthy of the title "Brother"? Every man would like to be able to say "Yes", but in all honesty, it can only go as far as a deep hope.

That is the reason why I love to watch movies so much, to find the message that is written in the cinematography; and in this film, there is truly a message to be heard, and hopefully understood by all those who hear...

4 comments:

Mindi said...

I'm so glad you saw it! I totally thought it would just be 'another one of those movies'...they're all alike...but this did NOT disappoint. I loved it so much, we're also going to buy it! I'm glad you read my post...I knew you would! I was just so shocked that I saw a movie before you did! Have a happy day! Keep smiling :)

Kerstin said...

I loved this movie as well. One of the better done "video-game adaptations" (if not the best, in my opinion). I also loved the relationship between the brothers. In fact, one thing that struck me was that it would've been so easy, once things started 'going bad' for Dastan, for Tus or Garsiv to spout a "You're not really my brother" type of line - indeed I was expecting it. But I was pleasantly surprised when they never did - that alone spoke a lot to me about their closeness.

I would love to see a sequel or two (and have the Dahaka and/or the Dark Prince make an appearance)

Tiave said...

Mindi my dear, I saw that movie at midnight the day that it came out sweet heart. You know me...I see almost every movie, and most of the really good ones at midnight the night of release. ;) And yes of course I read it, I still read. How could I not...sometimes it takes a while, but I still read, and I still smile :)

And I hope that other sequels come out, I hope they don't kill them if they do...that tends to happen a lot when sequels are made... :p

Mindi said...

Of course....too good to be true eh? I thought "Ah! For ONCE I have seen something before the king of late-night-movies!" I often wonder why we never watched a movie when we hung out...but there was much exploring to do up the mountains! SMILE, IT'S FRIDAY!! (and isn't it funny that I happen to just 'check' the comments and see you replied in here! bizarre! DESTINY! lol)