Reaching out to you...if you want to be reached....

This is for you...because somewhere in the world I live in, I know you live too. Lost from everything, and yet hopefully found, I shall wait. God keep you, for God loves you...as do I...

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Future...

If you knew that your future would effect someone else's future, would you tell that other person, or just let the chips lay where they fall?

Who wants a go with this one? Interesting as it is, that this question is on my mind...

Most people think time is like a river, flowing swift and sure in one direction. But I can tell you they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm...and we are the elements...

If you behold the ocean in its tranquil and serene state, it is vast, deep, cold and possessive, and most important full of life. Within the depths of waters you will find that the serenity remains, and the tranquility of life is sustained. But above, the face of the deep is tossed and thrown according to the elements.

Time, the future, is then disrupted by the elements of the storm.

If we as elements of the storm can effect the ocean, one must ask: Why? If we knew what we could do, and the effects of those actions, would we really do them?

If I were the traffic light controlling the flow of traffic, am I really controlling it? Or am I just hoping to control it? It is established in place to maintain order...but someone, anyone can disrupt it at any time, making residual effects in front, and behind.

Time in the ocean is the same...would I act knowing that those deeds would effect the future pools of those around me...

...my heart says yes...

3 comments:

Tiauna Elise Noble said...

I would like to as well..

Kerstin said...

If we strive to be positive in our dealings and do our best to be in harmony with the spirit then it's not too much to hope that the effects of our actions would also be positive. So yes, we should still do them.

Like you said though, like the traffic light though we hope that the effects will remain positive, it doesn't always mean that they will. Some actions could have chain effects that are far more unforeseeable than others, but to not act because of that possibility (no matter how slim it is) is letting fear (and the adversary) win.

And I feel like I'm rambling now...so...yeah - hope I made sense, it's been a weird day.

Mindi said...

I have mixed feelings...